- Solar power is indefinitely renewable.
- It is a silent producer of energy.
- It can be easily used in homes and businesses.
- Solar panels do not require a difficult setup.
- Solar panels are easy to install and don't take up much needed space.
- The main disadvantage of solar energy is that it obviously cannot be created during the night, but excess electricity produced by solar panels can be stored in batteries.
- Even today's most efficient solar cells only convert just over 20% of the suns rays to electricity. With increased advances in solar cell technology, this number is likely to increase.
- Solar panel energy is maximized when the panel is directly facing the sun. This means that panels in a fixed position will see a reduced energy production when the sun is not at the right angle, but new technology has allowed the sun to rotate while the sun is moving.